main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Sunday, June 24, 2007

PayPlay.fm - a good place to buy my music - for US customers

(Update January 2008: In the text below it says that PayPlay is only available to people in the USA, but I've been told that Payplay has since also set up so that Non-US customers can use them too).

All of my CD's are now available for U.S. customers to buy through a new digital music shop called PayPlay.fm

At PayPlay.fm U.S. customers can choose to buy the music as unsecured, regular MP3 files for $.088 per track or $8.88 per whole CD, or a little bit cheaper ($0.77 / $7.77) for secured WMA (Windows Media Audio) files. Either way, I get about $0.58 per track sold, or $5.80 per whole CD. This is actually a very good artist payment. (For example, it's a lot - LOT more than I got when my CD's were released by a real record company and sold in the shops).

PayPlay.fm is a no-nonsense place, with no software to install, and they have a very attractive web site, with extra options such as cover printing and more. In short, I feel it's exactly what a music download shop should be. No nonsense, great for the customer, and very fair payments to the musicians. Well done, PayPlay.fm! The only drawback is that they only sell to customers in the U.S. (for now, anyway), which is a pity. [Thanks to Björn in Sweden who informed me that only U.S. customers can use PayPlay.fm].

Here are links to each of my CD's at PayPlay.fm:

Bjorn Lynne CD's:
Divinorum CD's:
(Divinorum is my pseudonym when working with trance/electronica/techno music)
My Nature Sound Series (One-hour nature sound recordings, available either with or without Ambient Music composed by me):

CD's by my friends:

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might want to add that they only accept credit cards from US... I was a bit disappointed when I tried to buy from PayPlay.fm since I'm from Sweden. The site looks easy and fast to use though, just this little thing with only US allowed to enter.

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

Hi Björn,

I didn't realize that PayPlay.fm was only for U.S. customers. That's a pity! I have now updated the blog post slightly to include this information. Thanks for letting me know!

PS, I also noticed that you placed an order in my own download-shop. Thanks!!

June 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I figured why go further than nessesary? :-) Wonderful songs, even my wife that is more into techno is enjoying them!

July 05, 2007  
Blogger Gerald said...

Bjorn,

I am not sure if you know this, but PayPlay for a while now has payment services for non-US customers too.

PayPal, Google Checkout and direct credit card payment.

Gerald

December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home