main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Thursday, November 02, 2017

An update from Bjorn Lynne 2017

Hi all!

It's been a long time since I wrote anything, so here's a little update from me. Actually, the fact that I'm writing this was kind of triggered by an old fan writing in and asking if there were any new emails going out on the "Bjorn Lynne email newsletter mailing list", because the last time he got such an email newsletter was back in 2012, and he was asking for any new Bjorn Lynne CD releases.

I am not really active with releasing new "solo albums" anymore, because it seemed to me as the years went on, that I spent a huge amount of time and effort on creating those albums, and fewer and fewer people bought them. I didn't officially retire as a solo music album composer, but I just haven't been doing it.

On the other hand, I have made a very successful business out of my music licensing / stock music production company, Lynne Publishing -- doing business as www.Shockwave-Sound.com. At this site I offer music tracks for licensing for use in media, I've had this site going since April of 2000 (Can't believe it's been that long!) and I've made enough money on my music and my music business in that way, to be able to make a nice and comfortable living for myself and my family.

I'm now 50 and with a comfortable economy, I'm able to focus a bit more on health and leisure, so I've taken up some outdoor activities, hiking, taking long walks in the beautiful nature here in Norway, and playing tennis.

I'm also the chairman of the board of my local tennis club, Larvik & Stavern Tennis, a tennis club with about 250 members and 12 tennis courts. This is a voluntary position without any pay, but it gives me some pleasure to do this work for the local community and it gives me a more active lifestyle. I also work as a tennis instructor, about 6-8 hours a week in the evenings. It's nice to do something that's completely different from running a music business, and I love tennis as a sport. I started playing tennis 8 years ago, at the age of 42. Now I'm a player, instructor, tournament organizer and chairman of a tennis club!

I don't know if I'll ever make another "Bjorn Lynne music album". Probably not. I still produce some new music now and then, and put it out on the stock music site, Shockwave-Sound.com.

As for the old Amiga days, the demo-scene, the "Dr. Awesome" music etc, I have now "retired" as Dr. Awesome.  :-) I'm no longer taking part in reunions, interviews, demo-parties, tracker music competitions, disk magazines and all that stuff. After I took part in the "Amiga 30 UK" event in Peterborough a couple of years ago, where I was able to meet and greet a lot of the old Amiga folks and I was interviewed for the film "From Bedrooms To Billions: The Amiga Years", I decided, that's enough. The Amiga scene was fun, it was "awesome" ;-) and I appreciate those great times and all the fun we had, but it's now a closed chapter to me. You can find Dr. Awesome on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music and many other places -- those releases serve as a historical record of some sort. Here they are at CDBaby: https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/DrAwesome

So, what about the future for the "solo artist" musician Bjorn Lynne? Well, maybe my time as a musician in *exactly that way* is probably finished and done with. I'm still a musician, I love music and I'm lucky enough to still have it as my daytime job. But I don't know if or when there will ever be a new Bjorn Lynne solo music album. Who knows?? Years go by, interests change, other activities come and go. Since my debut album "Hobbits & Spaceships" in 1992, I think I've released approximately 25 albums. You can find many of them at iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play Music and other places. Here they are at CDBaby: https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/Bj%C3%B8rnLynne

Here are a few photos of me and my adventures in 2017. One pictures me at the Molde Jazz festival last summer. One is with myself and my wife Hanne at the Roland Garros tennis centre in Paris last summer. One is my daughter Lisa (now 17) and me at a local restaurant last spring. And one is me inside my new tent, since I bought myself a tent and some camping gear and started to spend a few nights outdoors in nature. :) And finally, one photo is of myself on top of the "Besseggen" mountain range in Norway last summer.
Take care for now!:

Me at the Molde Jazz Festival this summer. I went to lots of concerts, including 3 concerts with Pat Metheny, each one in a different band/setting, and I also got the opportunity to chat with Pat Metheny himself on a couple of occasions.

My daughter Lisa (now 17) and myself at a local restaurant last spring.

I bought myself a tent and took to spending a night out and about in nature every now and then. 

Me, #5 from right, standing at the back and wearing the bright blue T-shirt, as part of the coaching team at a tennis beginners' course at Larvik & Stavern Tennis Club.
My wife Hanne and me, at court #2 at the Roland Garros tennis centre in Paris, visiting the French Open tennis tournament.

1 Comments:

Blogger traal said...

Hi Björn,

Thank you for the update!

I'm a big fan of your music albums, I believe I bought pretty much all of them, and I still listen to them regularly.

I think my favourite song of yours is probably "The Beckoning Sea" from Wolves of the Gods. I love your more complex music pieces.

If you ever release any more albums or tracks, I'd be very interested to buy them as well.

Just wanted to let you know that you still have some loyal fans. :-)

Fredrik

December 12, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home