main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Monday, April 17, 2006

Lions Gate Films chooses Bjorn Lynne music for Blu-Ray menus



Lions Gate Films will be using my music for the menu-systems on all titles in their first batch of movie releases on the new Blu-Ray format, which includes such titles as "Lord of War", "Crash", "Terminator 2", "The Punisher" and "Saw".

Lions Gate Films have licensed my music track called "Leisure Class" which I composed a few years back. The track will be playing on the setup/menu systems on all these films as well as others. They purchased the license from my music licensing web site, www.shockwave-sound.com. You can hear a preview of "Leisure Class" by going to www.shockwave-sound.com and searching for the song title.

Blu-Ray is the new high-definition video format for home video. In the very early days, Blu-Ray players will be expensive (as DVD was at first), but Blu-Ray will also be playable on Sony PlayStation 3 which is likely to be, in the early days at least, by far the cheapest way of playing Blu-Ray discs.

Lion's Gate Films is one of 754 companies and persons who purchased royalty-free music and sound effects from Shockwave-Sound.com during the month of March 2006.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's just incrdibly awesome. I mean, it's so cool that your music is starting to hit the mainstream here in america. With any luck, they'll realize what a genius you are, and use your music much more often. So, do you receive any royalties?

April 19, 2006  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

>So, do you receive any royalties?

No, I won't get any royalties. That's the deal with music that I sell royalty-free. The company paid me (or rather, my company) a sizeable one-off lump sum. They are now free to use it as much as they want, without having to keep track of it, or pay any royalties. This is an attractive setup for many companies, which I think is why I'm having quite a lot of success with my royalty-free music site, which is going better and better all the time.

Also, of course, they only get non-exclusive use of the music. The music track still belongs to me. I have sold (and will sell) the same music track royalty-free to many, many other companies. It's a setup that I feel works well both for myself and for the companies that buy the tracks.

April 19, 2006  
Blogger SacRat said...

Sounds interesting, but sooth to say I cannot imagine Bjorn's music in Terminator 2 menu :)

April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's for the menu intro and tutorial - it doesn't play behind the movie.

June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home