main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Have yourselves some free MP3 ringtones

I know a lot of independent musicians these days are trying to make a bit of an income by selling their tracks as ringtones for mobile phones / cellphones, and selling these tones for small amounts like $2.99 each or whatever.

I have instead decided to give away some of my music for use as ringtones, completely free. To be honest, it just gives me a kick to think that somebody might actually have my music playing from their phone when it rings. :-). It's not that I don't want to sell my music, but if people are going to buy something, I'd rather they buy my CD's, not a 30-second ringtone.

Some old Bjorn Lynne favorites like "12th Warrior", "Space Deliria" and "Secret World" are now available to download as MP3 and upload to your phone. Just go to www.lynnemusic.com/ringtones.html . I hope you'll enjoy them.

All the best,
- Bjørn Lynne

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea Bjorn! I seem to remeber asking you if I could use Space Deleria as my ringtone several years ago and you said yes. So I've been using it ever since =)

June 24, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea Bjorn. I seem to remeber asking you if I could use Sapce Deleria as a ringtone several years ago and you said yes. So, I've been using it ever since =)

June 24, 2007  
Blogger dan said...

If you don't mind, I posted some of those ringtones and uploaded them into myxertones.com; a place where you can send free ringtones into phones. Should I credit it as Bjorn Lynne or emdt (my username). I can change it via "my options." Also, if it offends your copyright, I can remove it as well.

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your Comment. Actually, I would prefer if you remove them from myxertones.com. I would like for people to actually come to my place, and get them here. I don't particularly want them to be posted on other sites. So if you could please have them removed from myxertones.com, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

- Bjorn

June 25, 2007  
Blogger dan said...

Done.

June 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bjorn, i was browsing through the internet for inspiration for music by other music writers and i found your site, i was wondering if i could use your material as reference for vocals on some of my own works?

I write some myself, mostly rock, and instrumental...pretty amateurish stuff, and i get writer's block whenever i try to think up of a simple tune thats well, "singable", although i have no trouble writing instrumentals. However, you music, has tunes that's captivating, and definitely "singable" (with lack of a proper term i know of) with which i can base my own music on.

June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh lovely!

To bad I can only play midi on my cellphone.
But I use your midis as a ringtone!

Thanks anyway for these little snippets!

July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home