main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Monday, May 08, 2006

New Bjorn Lynne CD released today - Beneath Another Sky !

Today, May 8th 2006, I am very proud and excited to announce the release of my new album: Beneath Another Sky !

I have been working on this CD, in between other projects, since about October 2002. That's 3 and a half years. I have done many other projects in the meantime, but I have always had this album at
the very front of my mind, and kept all my best "real Bjorn Lynne music" for this album.

The CD contains 12 tracks and plays for 1 hour, 19 minutes and 21 seconds. That's pretty much exactly as much as is technically possible to fit onto an audio-CD. The music is instrumental, highly dynamic and melodic. There is some voice on the CD, but it is only used in an "instrumental" sense -- i.e. chanting, pad-chorus, etc.

I feel that on this CD I have created the music that is my real "musical heartland". Some of you may feel familiar with the style and mood, some elements of which can be recognized from my CDs such as Colony, Revive, Dreamstate, The Void and Talisman. It's electronic music, but with some elements of live/real instruments, and with an emphasis on dynamics, excitement, atmosphere and adventure -- and most of all, melody.

Having worked very hard on this album and put up all the money for the production and manufacturing out of my own personal pocket, I obviously hope very strongly that enough people will support the music and actually buy the CD, for me to be able to call it a successful project. If you are one of those who have been browsing my web site for years and downloaded all the free music I have offered through this web site through the years, this is the moment that I could really use your support. By buying the CD, you are taking a very important part in the whole project and you can be sure that you will get value for your money

As of right now, the CD is only available to buy through my personal CD-shop. Over the coming weeks and months, the CD will slowly make its way into various other stores, such as ArtistLaunch.com, CDBaby.com, iMusicStage.com, Soundoo.com and also to legal music download sites such as iTunes, MSN Music and others.

All copies sold through my personal CD-shop in the first three weeks of release, will be individually numbered and autographed in Gold ink!

In an attempt to make it even more attractive to order this CD from my own personal web site right now, I am individually numbering and autographic, in Gold ink, all copies of this CD that are ordered from Bjorn's CD-shop within June 1, 2006.

To the left here you can see a scan of the actual CD-cover for copy #001, which will go to the first paying customer.

I really feel that this is one of my best CDs, and I hope you will enjoy it too. If you want to hear some examples of the music on the CD, you can download two tracks, "Starfield" and "Secret World" from my ArtistLaunch page.

One final word about this CD: Inside the CD-booklet you will find a password to access a restricted area of this web site, where you can download 3 more bonus tracks, in addition to the 12 tracks on the CD.

All the best,
- Bjorn Lynne

23 Comments:

Blogger User said...

Ordered my copy! I hope I'm the first!

Look forward to listening to it!

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what number I am :-)

The shipping cost was rather steep ($8 for shipping to Europe is a lot, even if it was shipped from the USA), but what the heck, I have all previous Lynne CDs, I can as well get this one :-)

May 08, 2006  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

I charge $7.90 in shipping for one CD.

The actual true shipping cost is approx. $8 to Europe, and approx. $10 to USA, for one CD. (Update: Correction! Now that the dollar is so weak compared to the Norwegian Krone, the actual true shipping cost is about $11 to USA or $9 to Europe).

I know some people may feel $7.90 is a lot to pay for shipping, but know that this is less than the actual true shipping costs, which is $10-11 for one CD to USA, and $8-9 to Europe, and I personally sponsor the rest of the shipping cost, out of my own pocket.

The Norwegian postal service is probably the most expensive in the world. For example, an interesting point in fact is that it costs less to send one CD from UK to Norway, than to send it within two addresses in Norway!

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I wonder how is it possible to have such a high difference between shipping there and back again. Still, it can't be helped. Unless Bjorn wants to make periodic trips to Sweden to ship a new batch of CDs ;-)

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this! Ordered my copy - won't be copy #1, but that's irrelevant, because it doesn't change the music! If the two tracks for download are anything to go by, this should be one (Dr) awesome CD (sorry Bjorn - had to slip that little joke in!)

As for the postage, who cares? A shade over £13 it comes to from the UK - a bargain considering the time and effort put into making this CD, and the quality of the music. There is precious little good melodic instrumental music out there these days. You should charge more Bjorn ;)

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bjorn, hello! i'm that guy from Russia (Vladivostok) that order few CDs in the deep past. Well, is there any way to buy new CD via other than PayPal? PayPal is not working with old USSR zone, i.e. Russia too. It's a really problem to buy PayPal for me.

Wire-transfer? Debit Card?

May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bjorn,
Firstly, congratulations on the release of your new album yet again. I've got all your albums, but am having problems ordering this one. paypal can't be used as payment in my country, or rather my credit card company has blocked it's users from using paypal, previously I had no problems paying by credit card with your other provider...is there any other way for me bjorn? email : rknair@pc.jaring.my

May 11, 2006  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

To Ramanesh, Andrey and others who live in countries that Paypal doesn't have as one of their ship-to countries:

I can also take payment by my other payment processors, 2checkout.com. I used 2checkout earlier, and I still have my account with them.

2checkout are a regular credit card processor, so if you have a credit card, you should be able to pay with 2checkout, no matter where in the world you live. What you have to do is to email me (bjorn@lynnemusic.com) and tell me which product(s) you want to buy. I will then log into my 2checkout account and create an invoice especially for you. 2checkout will then automatically send you an email, with a link that you can click to make the payment with your credit card.

Please contact me by email if you have questions. :-) Thanks!

- Bjorn

May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Björn: This albums rocks! It's in a similar vein as Colony but so much better. If I could find something missing from your music in general it would be strong themes and melodies, but this is proof of the opposite. Great themes and great execuction.

You have to make some of these songs available at shockwavesound. I'm sure they would sell like ice cream on a hot summer day!

Jakob in Sweden

May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray, today I became a proud owner of a #17 Beneath Another Sky! Can't wait to listen to it.

May 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd drop a quick email to congratulate you on your latest release.

'Revive' is one of my favourite instrumental albums, and from the samples I've heard on the site, I have a feeling that 'Beneath Another Sky' is going to be right up my street.

I ordered my copy a few days ago, so am now playing the waiting game before it lands on my doormat.

May 12, 2006  
Blogger User said...

Just received my #001 CD today. Look forward to listening to it!

May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Bjorn "AWESOME" Lynne ;)

Greetings from Portugal and B.A.S. #042!
What a great piece of work! From start to finish! :)

Congratulations!!

May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have now allready orded your cd alone with 2 other missing cd.

I hope your missing cd sound is ok(your strange request). I seen you have it now on your download shop in a higher bitrate.

NB. Im didden't use the main email for the order (when I contacted you), but a playitgame email adresse instead.

May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the album arrived yesterday (number 32), and I've already listened to it through a full 4 times!

What can I say? Absolutely stunning!

Bjorn - thank you!

May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annoyed that I missed the release date! I have Colony CD number 2 and was hoping to go one better. Still, a minor gripe, as a new Bjorn album means I'll be happy for the next three months at least.

May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Bjorn, thanks again for this great cd. I listen to it a lot while traveling, the soundscape is very laid back, but also very inspired to someone who takes a bit of time to listen to BAS more closely.

Sometimes I do wish to hear some stronger melodies and guitarwork like you did on 'Wolves Of The Gods', an album that I really love, but BAS is now my nr.2 favorite Bjorn Lynne record for sure. Keep up the inspiration!

Greetings from Holland!

May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just received my copy of Beneath Another Sky #155 today! Listened to the first 2 tracks in my car and it blew me away instantly. Will write a full review once I've listened to it in it's entirety. Good job Bjorn!

May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got my CD with other 2 :)

#151 :) Well, i already like that CD more than 'Colony'.

But right now i'm listing "Hobbits and Spaceships" - i was waiting it too long :))))) Have got it finally :)

May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bjorn you are real talent. Your work would stand up in court to testify that real music still exists and give everyone something to think about. I've listened to Beneath Another Sky (#066) a few times now and I'm only just beginning to mentally process it. A disadvantage of listening to a CD that's composed to sound like one big experience is you get lost, but that is far more of an advantage to me and I have great pleasure and no pain in listening to all the tracks again and again. My favourite part of all the tracks so far is Aurora Polaris at 2:23 but I'm confident there will be many more favourite bits as time goes on. My only worry is persuading others who might not have the patience to properly digest this classic to take time to listen to it, so they can fully appreciate it! Certainly a CD I would recommend to anyone for their favourites collection.

June 03, 2006  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

Thank you, all of you -- not only for the comments here, but for buying the CD in the first place. In the first 3 weeks (during which I offered gold autographed CDs), I sold 257 copies directly from my own personal web site, and an additional 100 copies through other distributors. I think that makes this CD my fastest-selling CD release ever. So big big thanks to all of you who made that possible! :)

- Bjorn

June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAS is now firmly embedded in my MP3 player and it is hard to dislodge. Incredible sound balance - I can play it on a noisy train and still hear most bits perfectly, which is extraordinary for an album that's not at all heavy. How is that done???!

An album of wonderful expanses and some extraordinary moments. 'Starfield' recalls, probably coincidentally, 'The Motion of the Stars' from Vangelis's Direct album. 'Dreams of Glory' wrings the sweetest, most fragile melody from a few piano keys, full of heroic intervals and poignant chord changes. But favourite by far is the coruscating keyboard refrain of 'Aurora Polaris'; this is vintage Dr Awesome, pure uber-Soundtracker riffage! And now I'm spouting pure drivel so I'll go...

Magic!

June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The album is so great Bjorn. Wonderful music creations indeed :)
Take care
Leif

September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home