main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Monday, June 12, 2006

New hour of ambient relaxation music, set to Rain ambience

Dear Friends,

I’m writing with news of a new “private” music/sound release. I say “private” because it’s not really a big official release like my CD “Beneath Another Sky” etc.

This is a one-hour uninterrupted piece of ambient/relaxation music, set to the sound of falling rain. I’ve called it “Relaxing Rain Ambience”.

I started this project by recording the rainfall in a nearby woodland area. On listening to it, I felt that the rain sound didn’t get “rich” enough, so on a different day I also recorded the sound of another heavier rainfall and this time I recorded it right outside my house. This gave a better sound because water was trickling down the walls and onto the rocks and cement, as well as trickling down the gutter with a nice clucking sound.

I mixed the two sounds (the one from the woodland and the one from outside my house) together and I felt it gave a pretty nice rich rain sound. Strangely, as if by some weird coincidence, the two one-hour rain recordings kind of seem to follow each other in intensity. When the “woodland rain” picks up the intensity, the “home rain” does the same thing – even though they were recorded on two separate days.

Once I had the full hour of rain sound, I started listening to it for long periods of time, and whilst listening to it I started to play with musical ideas that I felt came naturally and went well together with the rain. After a few weeks I arranged some of these musical ideas into long piece of ambient relaxation music that plays for a full one hour, with very little repetition.

I then mixed the music and the rain together, resulting in a kind of peaceful, refreshing, ambient music hour. It’s meant for scene-setting, relaxing, rest and recovery, and to help concentrate while working. It’s not really meant for “intense listening”.

Anyway, I hope you’ll take the time to listen to the 3-minute preview file that I have created. This release is only available to buy as a download, from my music download shop. It costs US$ 8.99. If you buy it, you get the full one-hour mp3 file (256 kbps) and hi-res printable cover artwork.

The price US$ 8.99 is for personal use / home listening only, and can be purchased from my music download shop.

If you want to license this audio for commercial or in-public use (such as in a spa, relaxation centre, treatment/massage clinic, in a shop, on TV etc.), you can also buy it from www.shockwave-sound.com for $19.95. This price then includes a license to use the music commercially and in public.

“Relaxing Rain Ambience” is the 5th in a series of “relaxation music set to nature sound” recordings that I have created over the past few years. The other four are: “Relaxing Amazon Evening”, “Relaxing Seaside Ambience”, “Relaxing Campfire Ambience” and “Relaxing Forest Ambience”. All are available at $8.99 each from www.lynnepublishing.com/downloadshop.html

Thanks for reading!
- Bjorn

7 Comments:

Blogger User said...

That's a lovely piece! I'm going to buy the full thing right now!

Nice pictures too!

--Amr

June 13, 2006  
Blogger User said...

I've just finsihed listening to the track and think it's brillianrt. The music is not strong so as to make you focus on its melodies, rather it creeps in to your mind and lets your brain subconsiously enjoy the melodies. It's beatiful...

--Amr

June 13, 2006  
Blogger SacRat said...

Congrats, Bjorn!
The demo sounds a way less boring than many "sounds of nature" CDs of my collection :)

June 13, 2006  
Blogger Shurbhi.in said...

Great Music.
Congrats again.

Laila

July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're having a bit of a drought here, I might have to invest in this music just so I can remember what rain sounds like :(

November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sound of the rain plus the music that accompanies it so well.! Thanks, Bjorn.

I wanted to download the files but couldn't find this album, only Under The Sky and others. Please let me know where by replying to this comment. Thanks.

Create many many more for listeners like us, OK? :-)

February 23, 2007  
Blogger Bjorn Lynne said...

Hi Julie,

The "Relaxing Rain Ambience with Music" album can be purchased as a download from this page: http://www.lynnemusic.com/downloadshop.html

Or it can be purchased as a physical CD from this page: http://cdbaby.com/cd/nsseries7

It can also be purchased from iTunes. (Go to iTunes store and search for 'Nature Sound Series').

All the best,
- Bjorn

February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home