main | news/blog | contact | licensing | credits | cd-shop | download-shop | search
mp3 files | MIDI files | surround music | contact | newsletter | link-exchange | extras

Monday, August 25, 2008

A couple of new rock tracks by Bjorn Lynne

It's been a while since I posted any new music. But here I am, back with a couple of new tracks. :-) This time I've tried to work more towards Rock than Electronica, and I've produced the two tracks below. Actually, I haven't done them all by myself.

The first track, Cruise Control, was made together with my old friend Arndt Kubosch. First, I made the "A" part. Then Arndt made the "B" part, and then we both made the "C" part together. We play about 50/50 of the guitar each, and I play the bass guitar and did the programming, production, etc. I've tried to keep this track "neat" and tidy with a minimum of reverb, delay and the such, which I've probably used a bit too much of in the past. :-). I've made two different mixes of the track. I'd be interested in hearing which one you like best, so please use the "comment" function below, if you have an opionion on that.

The other track, Slam Dunk, is much more energetic and heavier. This one I made almost all by myself. I just got some help from a Polish guy called Olek, to some of the faster guitar solos. I enjoyed making this track. The biggest challenge was the "B" part, for which I tried a lot of different things and threw away a lot of different ideas, before I finally ended on the one heard here.

Both tracks were made primarily for licensing to commercial users, for film, media, games, film trailers, sports video and things like that. If you'd like to license either of these tracks for use in any kind of project, you can buy a royalty-free license from Shockwave-Sound.com.

Well, I hope you'll enjoy the tracks. I have no idea what style/mood my next tracks will be in. :-)

Thanks for listening!

Bjorn Lynne
August 25, 2008


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff!

For "Cruise Control" I like Mix 1 the best. The cleaner guitar gives it a nice relaxed ambient sound, very clean and transparent. In Mix 2 the distortion almost stands out on its own, though it adds more energy and a grungier feel.

"Slam Dunk" is a nice one too, definitely appreciate the guitar solos in this one. Way to go Bjorn and Olek!

August 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm more partial to Mix 2. It sounds more enthusiastic and seems to use a bit better bass line (just based on a single hearing each). It also offers more variety of the basic theme.

Slam Dunk sounds good too, but while well written and performed it strikes me as a bit more convential. The "vocoder" effect is unique, but the rest is comparable to other "action" mood music for games, film and television.

August 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the Mix 1 better, it sounded cleaner, for some reason mix 2's bass was coming in, really muddy! But then it might be the sound card in this computer.

September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But wow, "Slam Dunk", was awesome! I like that one best! Upbeat, energetic, imaginative, Love the guitar solo. That one is the best, in this lot!

September 02, 2008  
Blogger Steve Beck said...

Out of the two mixes I'd go for Mix 2 - nice touch of distortion keeps the mix 'live', I thought Mix 1's dry guitar sounded almost MIDI!!!!?!

"Slam Dunk" is AWESOME !!!!
...no pun intended!! ;)

October 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home